LCG Announces the Successful Completion of the Sale of Censeo Corporation to Mercer
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Brian Smith
LCG Capital, LLC
Mercer to acquire Censeo Corporation, a human resource consulting firm offering online leadership assessment products and services
- Acquisition builds upon Mercer’s consulting strength in strategic talent management by adding to its suite of real-time online leadership assessment capabilities
- Censeo’s internet-based platforms expand Mercer’s capabilities with an online leadership assessment tool.
- Censeo TalentSIMTM Leadership Simulation Assessment named “Top Product of the Year” by HR Executive Magazine
Tampa, FL (September 27, 2011) LCG Capital announced today that Mercer has signed a definitive agreement to acquire the business of Censeo Corporation, a human resource consulting firm offering real-time online leadership assessment products and services to help organizations select, develop and retain talent. The acquisition builds upon Mercer’s consulting strength and capabilities in strategic talent management.
The transaction is expected to close at end of October and terms of the agreement were not disclosed. As a full-service application service provider, Censeo’s internet-based platforms are renowned for being robust and flexible, with many configuration options for assessments, delivery, scoring and reporting. For example, Censeo’s TalentSIMTM Leadership Simulation Assessment was named a “Top Product of the Year” by HR Executive Magazine.
Censeo’s products and services include:
- 360 degree feedback. Platform for delivering and reporting on multi-rater surveys
- TalentSIM. An online platform for measuring such “soft” skills as leadership and sales effectiveness through job simulation
- Employee surveys. Platform for measuring employee engagement, and for identifying opportunities to improve organizational effectiveness
- Knowledge testing. Based upon clients’ proprietary assessment content, measure product knowledge, conduct pre- and post-training assessments, and create certification programs
- Consulting services. Assessment-related consulting to help select, retain and develop talent and leverage assessment data for maximum value
“Our clients tell us that the ability to attract, develop and retain talent is a key competitive differentiator,” said Jason Jeffay, Mercer Human Capital segment leader for talent management. “We believe the acquisition of the business of Censeo will further strengthen Mercer’s consulting insights into best practices by insuring that robust online assessment products are utilized to achieve informed, data-driven talent management programs. Censeo has a strong management team and highly-regarded products, and we believe the combination of our two businesses will enable us to further enhance our client consulting services.”
“We believe our clients will benefit from the experience, resources and global reach that result from the combination of Censeo’s business with Mercer’s business,” said Ronald Gross, President and CEO of Censeo. “Both Mercer and Censeo have similar values and share a commitment to excellence, and both have insights into the needs of organizations that want to be best in class when it comes to attracting, developing and retaining the best talent. As a result, our clients can draw upon our combined expertise to improve their competitive position through investing in their most valuable asset, the talent of their people.” Censeo retained Tampa, Florida based investment banking firm LCG Capital as its exclusive sell side M & A advisor to manage the auction process and negotiate the transaction.
Mercer is a global leader in human resource consulting, outsourcing and investment services. Mercer works with clients to solve their most complex benefit and human capital issues by designing, implementing and administering health, retirement and other benefit programs. Mercer’s investment services include investment consulting, implemented consulting and multi-manager investment management. Mercer’s 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., which lists its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) on the New York and Chicago stock exchanges. For more information, visit www.mercer.com . http://www.mercer.com/press-releases/1424620
Censeo is dedicated to improving talent at its client organizations. Its web-based technologies make it easy and affordable to automate 360 degree feedback, employee survey, pre-employment skill assessment, and knowledge testing initiatives. More information regarding Censeo’s products and services can be found at www.censeocorp.com .
About LCG Capital Advisors, LLC
LCG Capital Advisors, a FINRA registered broker-dealer and SIPC member firm, provides a broad range of advisory services for its clients including debt and equity placements, debt refinancing, corporate mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, recapitalizations, capital restructuring, distressed advisory, and certain other investment banking, financial advisory and consulting services. For more information, visit www.lcgcapital.com