LCG’s professionals have completed over $3B of merger & acquisition transactions during their careers.
LCG’s Investment Banking team advises and assists companies, shareholders and business owners seeking a business sale or majority recapitalization. Prior to initiating a process, our team assists with the evaluation of various strategic options to ensure our clients achieve an optimal outcome with maximum value. LCG works with its clients to identify appropriate prospective buyers, whether strategic or financial, through its large network of private equity groups, or through its vast relationships with lenders, attorneys, accountants, and wealth managers, and through its extensive research capabilities. Throughout the process, LCG adheres to strict confidentiality standards and can execute a very discrete sell side process.
Below is an overview of LCG’s sell side process:
- Establish realizable goals, including valuation benchmarks and identifying ways to maximize value. Advise on valuation methodologies including public market comparable and precedent transactions
- Develop a positioning statement and marketing strategy, including the creation of comprehensive, informative materials about the company for potential buyers
- Identify and highlight key value drivers as well as risks and concerns
- Develop a comprehensive targeted buyer list consisting of qualified potential buyers with aligned interests
- Contact buyers, execute NDAs, disseminate marketing materials, coordinate management meetings, request Indications of Interest (“IOIs”)
- Create competitive interests among interested prospective buyers
- Evaluate and advise on the terms of each IOI, pare down the list of potential buyers
- Assemble due diligence data room
- Coordinate, manage, and attend buyer visits
- Negotiate LOI’s and final purchase agreements, in conjunction with the Company’s legal counsel
- Manage all facets of the process through to a successful closing